Somehow, we stumbled out of New York City and into Rhode Island. It took a long time, it was a bit accidental, but we finally found home.
Musings & Errata
Giant caveats aside, capturing the spectacular of individual trees is much easier than capturing them in the woods. Let’s take a look.
George speaks, the people swoon and protesters protest on. Day five of my 2004 Republican National Convention coverage for MTV News.
A scrapbook of photography, musings and general errata.
- If a Tree Falls in China – Watching the Future of the Propaganda StateThe future of propaganda is now. We're watching it with China's media response and social media control of information related to the Hong Kong protests.
- Would You Turn Your Child into a Cyborg?A mom hacks Google Glass to help her autistic son understand facial expressions. Along the way, she wonders how neurotechnologies will influence how we augment ourselves, what traits we'll consider inherently human, and what might be lost as we rid ourselves of them.
- We’re About to Anger the Volcano Gods. AgainSamsung's AI lab releases video showing how it can manipulate a single image to emulate someone talking. An AI startup creates a near perfect reproduction of a popular podcaster's voice. It's only just the beginning.
- Thoughts on Documentary Films While Watching Flightless Baby Geese Jump from 400 Foot CliffsNature shows are awesome. But what are they? Because they're not quite documentaries.
- Manufacturing Ignorance at ScaleHow does ignorance get strategically manufactured? Flooding the field with dubious content and spreading it with homespun networks.
- Hubble Turns 29, Continues to Make PrettyThe Hubble Telescope has captured the spectacular in space for almost three decades, bringing us light years into the past and helping us ponder the future.