Hearing a cover while feeding my daughter in the morning brings me back to the past.
Mostly personal posts. Mostly photography. Occasional musings.
- Thoughts on Documentary Films While Watching Flightless Baby Geese Jump from 400 Foot CliffsNature shows are awesome. But what are they? Because they're not quite documentaries.
- Manufacturing Ignorance at ScaleHow does ignorance get strategically manufactured? Flooding the field with dubious content and spreading it with homespun networks.
- Hubble Turns 29, Continues to Make PrettyThe Hubble Telescope has captured the spectacular in space for almost three decades, bringing us light years into the past and helping us ponder the future.
- Tripping Through Van Gogh’s Starry NightA new Van Gogh exhibit has us wondering what the future of the museum might be.
- We’re Drowning in our WasteAmerica's trash problem is growing and getting worse. China used to be our dumping ground. Now our waste has no place to go.
- Self-Driving Cars: What Could Go Wrong?Self-driving cars are only as smart as the artificial intelligence controlling them. A new study indicates that the darker your skin, the more likely you are to be hit by one. There's a simple, and unfortunate, reason why.
- Green Jobs: Cannabis Industry Now Employs Over 200,000A new report claims over 200,000 people are now legally working in the cannabis industry.