I’m a new father coming upon my daughter’s first birthday. There. Are. So. Many. Photos.
Musings & Errata
Listening to covers affects how I hear and understand music. Here’s one that helped me rediscover John Coltrane’s Giant Steps. And here are a dozen others to make a point.
Hearing a cover while feeding my daughter in the morning brings me back to the past.
A scrapbook of photography, musings and general errata.
- Would You Turn Your Child into a Cyborg?A mom hacks Google Glass to help her autistic son understand facial expressions. Along the way, she wonders how neurotechnologies will influence how we augment ourselves, what traits we'll consider inherently human, and what might be lost as we rid ourselves of them.
- We’re About to Anger the Volcano Gods. AgainSamsung's AI lab releases video showing how it can manipulate a single image to emulate someone talking. An AI startup creates a near perfect reproduction of a popular podcaster's voice. It's only just the beginning.
- Thoughts on Documentary Films While Watching Flightless Baby Geese Jump from 400 Foot CliffsNature shows are awesome. But what are they? Because they're not quite documentaries.
- Manufacturing Ignorance at ScaleHow does ignorance get strategically manufactured? Flooding the field with dubious content and spreading it with homespun networks.
- Hubble Turns 29, Continues to Make PrettyThe Hubble Telescope has captured the spectacular in space for almost three decades, bringing us light years into the past and helping us ponder the future.
- Tripping Through Van Gogh’s Starry NightA new Van Gogh exhibit has us wondering what the future of the museum might be.